Land Claim Coordinator
(807) 482-2479 ext.#235
Land Purchase Committee Members:
- Albert Hunter Jr.
- Joe Medicine
- Dorothy Medicine
- Agnes Grover
Rainy River First Nations Land Purchase Strategy
- Purchase properties to expand reserve
- Identify and place in priority, sacred and cultural sites on former reserve lands
- Purchase strategic properties of increasing value or economic gain consistent with economic and business goals
Rainy River First Nations Crown Selection Lands:
Several band members were employed surveying these lands and the ground work for the survey has been completed. Survey plans are being produced, reviewed, and corrected. ¬†After all parties are satisfied the plans will be registered in 2008. ¬†The legal and parliamentary process can then take place to transfer the lands from Ontario to the Federal Government then to Rainy River First Nations.
- Hay Bay – Splitrock Bay area on Lake of the Woods is 9,219 acres.
- Gates Ajar area on Pipestone Lake is 719 acres.
- Sphene Lake area north of Rainy Lake is 3,750 acres.
- Crown Land Blocks near Manitou Rapids is 1,289 acres.
Rainy River Islands at Manitou Rapids and Long Sault is 13 acres.